Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Volunteer Police Department Mascot.

I have a plan for dear Penelope.  She is going to be the only car in the "All City Volunteer Police Department."  You see, Nash was a provider of police cars in the late 40's and early 50's and Penelope just happens to fall into that category.  She wasn't a police car but she has the style of one.

I have owned many cars that were used as police cars including a 1979 LTD, a 1978 Dodge Aspen, my 1966 Ford Fairlane and now Penelope.  I am not sure why I have owned so many cars that were used for police departments but it does not really matter, Penelope is going to be the first one I dress up like a police car.

The above image shows what she might look like.  Just remember though, nothing will be shiny on my car, no sir!  It is flat black and flat white and gray for Penelope.  I just love the look of flat colors and rust.  It must be a Rockabilly thing. This is just the way of things for me.  So, now I am on the look out for vintage police car accessories.  Know anyone that might have some?

No comments: