Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My 1951 Nash





This is me admiring my 1951 Nash Ambassador Custom.  Yes, she has some issues.  (Her name is Penelope, by the way.)  Her floorboards have seen better days.  Her chrome isn't as shiny as it used to be.  Her engine is inoperable.  But I love her just the same.  I see the potential.  Her beauty shines in my mind.

Penelope was on her way to be removed from the face of the earth.  She was to become something else.  She was on the way to the graveyard to await to be crushed.  This is the way of many great cars with potential today.  The cost of scrap metal has made it easier to haul a car to the crusher than to put it back on the road.

This is not the case with newer cars because they have very little wight to them, but these older bigger cars weigh a lot and bring a fair price at the crusher.  This car would have brought $700+ for scrap weight because she is so big.  It does not seem to matter to some that there are very few dents or damage in the body.  It mattered to me and that is why I saved her from death.

No comments: