Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Generation X- the Retro Generation?



Yesterday, I talked about things I missed from back in the day. I grew up in the 70's and 80's and by definition I am considered to be part of Generation X. It would seem that there are a lot of Generation X that are heavily into retro and vintage things. Companies are really starting to jump onto the bandwagon and advertising to us in ways that remind us of days gone by.

There is a huge movement to drive old cars, get old school tattoos and to even dress in styles from decades ago. We live in a custom culture and Generation X is starting to really bring things back. If you don't believe me Check out Curious Crow Vintage or other shops on Etsy or sites like Decorate For The Holiday that boasts their line of vintage and retro holiday decorations coming soon.

Times are changing but it seems that more often than not, Generation X is trying to bring things back. Here is a list of things I would like Generation X to go ahead and lay to rest before they get any bright Ideas: Mullets, Spandex, Disco Music and hot pants. What would you like to see brought back or not brought back. I want to know!

No comments: