Sunday, August 1, 2010

Apple does not want my money -Take 4!

Seriously? Okay, after the week I had I decided to just give up on the iPhone 4 and settle for the 32gig 3gs but I had decided I wasn't going to pay iPhone 4 price. I went back to the Big City AT&T store with the full intention to apologize to the girl I went almost postal on. Fortunately she was not there. I really hope she didn't have to take a personal day to get put on Xanax on my account.

I walk quietly into the store and another girl comes up to me and asks how she may help me. She is more cautious than the other girl. I guess the word got around and they probably had shown the security camera footage to everyone that morning. I just simply state that I would like a 32gig 3gs iPhone. She informs me that they have two left a black one and a white one. I ask her to set aside the black one. She goes to the back and sets the phone down behind the counter and informs me that I am next in line.

When it is my turn, the cashier asks if I would like any accessories. I said yes, I want the most bullet proof case that is on the market. He takes his iPhone off his belt and proceeds to throw it across the room! Yep, that will do. I am informed that I can get a $35 discount if I buy the screen protectors for $10 even though I do not need them. Okay, sometimes you have to spend money to save money. I also opt for the two year one fee replacement option.

And yes, my friends, I walk out of the store with an iPhone. I pop it in the case and presto- static bubbles under the screen that refuse to go away. I walk quickly back into the store and interrupt the huge sigh of relieve that was in progress. I ask what I can do to get rid of the static bubbles. I am informed that I need to put an anti-fingerprint/anti-static screen protector on the phone even though the case has one built in.

Alright, let's do it! Take a deep breath and sit down for the next part..... "I am sorry sir, they are out of stock and because the phone is discontinued we won't be getting any more in, but Wal Mart or Best Buy might have some...." I walk out of the store a broken man. Here is the part where I get to mention that my very awesome girl friend has been with me since step one in one form or fashion, either on the phone listening to me bitch or driving me from store to store. I love her for all of her support. One Wal Mart and Best Buy later I realize that I may just have to not only settle for a phone I did not want but for the static bubbles to boot!

A few hours later we do stop one last time. A smaller AT&T store on the outskirts of the Big City with a very helpful guy, who shows me that the iPhone ant-fingerprint/anti-static screen protector will almost fit if you start it from the top of the phone. $20 well spent. No static bubbles but still not the happiest of campers. I now have an iPhone and I do love it. I do not know if it is worth all the hassle but perhaps I will find out.

Apple doesn't want my money Part 1

Apple doesn't want my money Part 2

Apple doesn't want my money Part 3

Apple doesn't want my money Part 4

Would you like to Tweet about this article to your followers?
Please CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

You should try getting a iPad. I'm Canadian and it was my luck to be travelling in the U.S. ONE MONTH after the release date of the iPad. Everyone wanted to sell me a 64G iPad. My husband laughed like a crazy fool.
"What on earth do I need 64G for a tool I want to browse with!'
They were $599.
THEN my hubby turned around, went and bought one for $899 in Canada. AND it was 64G. No one sells and iPad with less storage than that.
I still don't get the $300 difference.