Friday, July 30, 2010

Apple does not want my money -Take Two!


Apple does not want my money! I guess my money just isn't good enough! I went into my local Wal Mart today to buy an iPhone 4 from the AT&T store inside. Amazingly enough, the two that came in today were already sold. So, I decided to ask about a 32gig 3gs. Yes, they had one left. The price? $297.00

Wait a minute, the 32gig iPhone 4 is $299.00 "Am I confused?" I asked the person behind the counter. She replied, "Nope! That is our price." So, I asked the very obvious question of why the price for the 'discontinued' 3gs was a mere $2 less than the newest brightest shiniest iPhone 4. I was answered by a blank stare that could only be compared to if I had asked her to solve a series of algebraic equations.....After a few minutes of complete silence she said "You might try the official AT&T store next door, they may have some iPhon 4's....."

So, I leave the store, go next door and enter the 'official' AT&T store. The lady behind the counter does not like me very much. We have a history of her being completely clueless and overpriced and me being a disgruntled customer. Perhaps today is the day for burying the hatchet and starting fresh. Nope, today was just a replay of the past- with a twist!

I ask the lady why on earth Wal Mart is carrying an outdated, closeout iPhone 3gs for only $2 less than the new iPhone 4. Her answer is a simple one, the $199 price that it should be is an on-line price only. Fair enough. So, I ask the next very obvious question: "Do you have any iPhone 4's in stock." The answer out of her mouth was quite unexpected and I am still very perplexed by it. "No, we are not authorized to sell iPhones or iPhone accessories in this store."

The look on my face must have been epic. So, she volunteers that I should just buy it on-line. Again, I am quite dumbfounded. This is an 'Official' AT&T store and they cannot sell an AT&T phone? I try to explain to her that I have been through the on-line battle already to no avail. She then suggests I go to the BIG City and try another AT&T Store. The Big City is about an hour from home so I guess I will fuel up the car and head that way in the morning........

Apple doesn't want my money Part 1

Apple doesn't want my money Part 2

Apple doesn't want my money Part 3

Apple doesn't want my money Part 4

Would you like to Tweet about this article to your followers?
Please CLICK HERE.

No comments: