Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where did the Poetry go?

Some of you may remember that this blog used to be full of poetry I had written over the years. You may have been shocked to see that I had removed it. Not to worry, I will be posting some now and then. I fancy myself a poet- sometimes. I have been published a few times in magazines and anthologies. Nothing all that big unfortunately. There does not seem to be a very big market for poetry these days.

Poetry for me started when I was nine years old and read the complete works of William Shakespeare. I did not understand a good portion of what I was reading but the flow, the words and the meter were something that stuck with me ever since. I hear poetry in just about everything, the wind through the trees, traffic sounds, music and even the crackling of a fire. The simplest of things can be poetry to me!

Perhaps I was born in the wrong century! I can take the most mundane topic and make it seem like the greatest thing since the invention of sliced bread! Some may call that over dramatic, I call it poetry! Sometimes I write poetry to mark a moment in life so that I may never forget it. Sometimes I write poetry just for the sake of writing it! Often times, however, I have misplaced my muse and no words flow.

My muse has returned and I have a lot of poetry floating around in my head. Most of which will probably never make it to paper but a few will. If you would like to read some of my poetry I will be happy to post a few of the old ones on here. If you do want me to post some please add your comments here and let me know!

Would you like to Tweet about this article to your followers?
Please CLICK HERE

No comments: