Saturday, July 31, 2010

Apple does not want my money -Take Three!

Good day my faithful readers! If you are expecting to read a happy story with a happy ending about my quest for the new iPhone 4, avert your eyes now. This is another chapter in the lesson of disappointment. It is becoming quite apparent that not only does Apple not want my money, neither does AT&T! I drove to the Big City today. A City which boasts 5 Super Wal Marts and multiple Official AT&T stores. Anyone notice a set up for multiple disappointments?

I have become pretty wise in my years upon this earth, yet, it seems that I still have just a touch of optimism that was just begging to be stomped into the ground! If you have not read the lead-in to this story, stop now and go to Take One! Otherwise here we go!

I walk into the biggest AT&T store I could find. The nice cheery girl comes bouncing up like she had just received a pony for her birthday! "How can I help you today?" she asked in what can only be described as an orgasmic desire to make me happy! "I have journeyed far and wide in search of the Holy Grail of cellular phones- the iPhone 4!" Okay, maybe I didn't say it like that but you get the general idea. "Oh, you will love it!" she said smiling a smile that could blind even a bat! "Unfortunately, we do not have any in stock...." Uh oh, I had a feeling of what was about to be said next......

"But we can help you order one and it will be delivered to you in 7 to 10 business days!" I must have had a strange expression on my face because she took two steps back, stopped smiling and asked what was wrong. I proceeded to explain the part about my debit ard being tied to a P.O. Box and she interrupted me and said, "Oh, Apple doesn't accept debit cards anyway, just credit cards." I said fine, I will just give you cash. "Oh, Apple does not accept cash either, nor does AT&T for any kind of orders. If we had it in stock we co......"

I missed the last part of what she said from the massive amount of steam billowing from around my collar. I proceeded to, in not so nice language, express my disbelief and disappointment. I should have probably not reacted so nastily but I guess I was a touch upset. I decided not to go to the other stores and just admit defeat. Probably a good thing because it looked like everyone had taken out their phone and were poised to dial 911......

Apple doesn't want my money Part 1

Apple doesn't want my money Part 2

Apple doesn't want my money Part 3

Apple doesn't want my money Part 4


Would you like to Tweet about this article to your followers?
Please CLICK HERE.

No comments: