Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Holidays are over and I am glad.





And........we're back.  I have not felt much like blogging the last couple of weeks.  The holidays mean more than presents and drinking for me.  They mean relaxing and being off from work.  They also mean doing some work around the house, which I did not do nearly enough of over my days off.

Now that the holidays are done for the year and a new year has begun, I am glad.  The holidays are also somewhat of a stressful time as well.  Trying to make sure you didn't miss anyone on your Christmas Gift list.  Making sure you got equal gifts for all the nieces and nephews and so on and so forth.  It can get to be a little overwhelming.

I think things have settled down now and I can enjoy getting back into the work routine once again.  My office is moving to a different location this month so I have the opportunity to go through all my work papers and such and downsize and organize.  Being better organized is my number one goal for 2011. 

I never make resolutions just goals.  My goals are generally set pretty high but with smaller goals in between.  I am almost 100% out of debt.  One of my other goals this year is to be completely out of debt.  I canceled all of my credit cards last year and paid them off.  There are still a few medical bills that need to be paid off and that is about it. 

In 2009 I had $1650 in overdraft charges at my bank.  2010 I had $0 overdraft charges.  In 2009 I had about 20 different disconnect notices from different utilities and the like.  In 2010 I had one disconnect notice right at Christmas time and it was because a mailed payment was a couple of days delayed because of the holidays.  All things considered I did a good job of meeting my goals last year.

What are some of your goals for 2011?  I'd like to hear about them.  Post a comment or e-mail me at eric.cole.young@gmail.com

1 comment:

kilauni said...

i like the feel of your blog! my goal for this year is to get my photography business off the ground enough for me to be able to quit my real job, and work for myself from home. you can follow my blog at http://raynemakerimages.com/blog/
good job at meeting your goals for 2010!!! and good luch on 2011 :)